Friday 15 July 2011

Lapierre's Team Francaise des Jeux Cooking on Gas


STAGE 11 - Blaye-les-Mines to Lavaur 167.5 km

Mickaël Delage is in a 6 riders breakaway, and takes 20 points at the intermediate sprint. He was awarded the Fighting Spirit Award for the second time.

William Bonnet (10th), Arnold Jeannesson (11th) and Gianni Meersman (15th) helped place the FDJ at the top of the team classification of the stage.

STAGE 12 - Cugnaux to Luz-Ardiden 211 km

Jérémy Roy is once again in the breakaway but is being caught before the finish.

Arnold Jeanesson is ranked 12th place for the stage, 13th of the general classification and takes the white jersey with a lead of 1' 37" ahead of Rein Taaramae going into stage 13.

Cycling News spoke to Jeanesson after he took ownership of the white jersey. He had this to say:
"The white jersey is not something I believed I could take when the race started this morning, even though I knew it was actually possible. I saw that Gesink had been dropped, and then Taaramae also lost contact on the final climb. So my main rivals were behind me. In fact it the rider who held the longest in the group of favorites was, ah... well, apparently it’s me!

“I was selected at the last moment in the team, I was not meant to do the Tour de France but I got a last-minute call-up. Now I think Marc Madiot will not regret that he selected me. I’ll have to try to keep this jersey and, if possible, to move a little higher in the overall standings.”

No comments: