Tuesday 19 July 2011

Claire Podiums at Crankworks



Nukeproof components and wheels sponsored rider Claire Buchar got second place at the Canadian Open in Crankworks at the weekend. Here's her report:



Considering the situation and being thrown into such a gnarly and greasy track, I felt pretty good on my new M9 and I was pretty sure I was riding well. It was my first race since the Aussie Champs in February in which I slid out so I was feeling the nerves and anxious to get back into “race mode”.

I knew I had to hold it together to have a chance against these girls, although a few disappointedly did not start(for good reason but we need more girls!), as there were some really strong riders on the start list.

I beat my confidence demons and put down a good run and was really stoked with my result. 2nd place behind Rachel Atherton. Amazingness. The “Champ”, Miranda, had an issue near Heckle Rock but finished with a podium in 3rd. Bummed for Manon who flatted, the young ripper would have posted a fast time, we are sure.

Womens Podium:

Rachel Atherton Amazingness 3:34.45

Me 3:38.75

Champ 3:50.75

Chris, unfortunately, had a mishap earlier on the track and had to do the roll of shame past the hecklers at Heckle Rock. Hecklefest was crazier than ever this year, someone even had a chainsaw up there…

Super stoked for Stevie Smith pinning it to win it for the Canucks.

No comments: