Thursday 16 June 2011

Team TCJ's June Update

Chris Hutchens and James Shirley, Hotlines' Answer and IXS pinners, have been busy boys this month representing in Scotland and England at two very different events. James headed south for round 2 of the UK Gravity Enduro Series at Kielder Forest, while Hutch headed to the infamous Dunkeld for round 3 of the Scottish Downhill Association race.

Find out how they got on:

Last weekend was a busy one for James and myself. Both in different countries racing very different events. While I took the decision to stay in the Uk and not head to the 3rd round of the World Cup in Leogang Austria and race the 3rd round of the Scottish Series James headed to the Gravity Enduro round in Keilder Forest.


James had a consistent weekend while just missing out on a podium place putting in a 4th place finish. He was fractionally slower than winner Gary Forest also riding on an Orange 5 on 4 of the 5 stages and after the 15 minutes combined time was 36 second back on 1st and only 15 seconds off of a podium. This was a big improvement over round 1 result where James suffered from a puncture. James missing the next Gravity Enduro at Innerleithen in July while out racing in Europe. I'll be stepping in for him on the more technical track.


I managed to have a successful weekend at Dunkeld racing on what was one of the hardest track seen there for a few years. The additional changes adding greatly to the track. I crashed on my 1st run and was down on the leading time by over 10 seconds. On my 2nd run I tried to slow the pace slightly and put in a smooth run. Thankfully I kept on my lines and put in a solid run to take the lead and fastest time of the day by 2 seconds.

No comments: