Thursday 30 June 2011

Michele Scarponi (Team Lampre ISD) pays Gaerne Factory a Visit

Gaerne invited the cyclist Michele Scarponi (Team Lampre ISD), winner of the “Giro del Trentino” and runner-up at the Giro d’Italia, to visit the Gaerne Factory to celebrate his excellent results of this year.

Scarponi, known as the Eagle of Filotrano, has been our guest during all the afternoon, visiting the production departments and discovering how Gaerne produce the cycling shoes.

During next season Scarponi will wear the new "CARBON G.AIR " shoes, the top of the new road collection signed by Gaerne, a very light and breathable shoe, a true jewel of technology and design that he will test in his upcoming events, such as the Vuelta in Spain and the Lombardia Tour.

Michele, friendly and always with a good humour, has received and embraced the Gazzola family and all Gaerne staff, taking photos with all employees and speaking with journalists and fans that arrived to meet him.

Scarponi said: “I am happy to be here today, I’m really fond of these places because they remind me my beginning. I can only thank Gaerne and Mr. Ernesto Gazzola for everything they do for me. I have a special feeling with my shoes and in Gaerne I discovered some technical details that are helping me to achieve important results".

Ernesto Gazzola – Gaerne owner and big fan of cycling: “"I am very happy to invite Michele here, this year he gave to Gaerne many important results and also, between us there is a friendship, relationship and mutual respect that goes beyond the work. I’m always very attentive to the advices that champions as Scarponi give to us: so we can make the shoes more and more performing, by taking advantage of the technology and of our fifty years of experience, and on their side testing the new shoes and their innovations, this is a winning combination. What our athletes are testing now, our customers will find on the shoes they will buy, with the same technical characteristics and the same care, all of course always made in Italy. Since I founded the company in 1962, I have always had a cult of work done to perfection and uncompromising quality, and this is rewarding, allowing us to reach important goals.

No comments: