Monday 20 June 2011

Dan Sheridan Reports from Leogang, Austria

Nuke Proof Junior Team rider Dan Sheridan was out in Austria for round 3 of the UCI World Cup. Find out how he got on below:

After Fort William WC myself and Seanan drove 24 hours down to Leogang, Austria in his trusty black van named the ‘Black Pearl’. We arrived to rain and set up camp. After an hours turbo to freshen the legs it was bed time.

Thursday was sign on, track walk and even time to play in the free ride park.

Friday practice went well. Took me a while to get into it and to learn the completely new track but by the end I felt up to speed.

Below is a head cam following team mate Kipper.






Again another disastrous qualifying run, about a minute in, just before the first split I snapped my chain. I got through the first split then stopped and picked it up. From then on I just rolled down, pulling in the let riders behind past. It was a huge disappointment to have travelled so far and spent so much money to have yet another mechanical.

But on the bright side I've learnt lots and has been a great experience. Im now looking forward to the next few world cups which should be amazing as they are in Canada and America. They can only really get better so hopefully my luck picks up.

Next up is the Irish NPS.

No comments: